Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Wall and The More...

Hello!
Contrary to what many have thought:
  • I'm very much alive - hale and healthy!
  • The interest within to blog is also alive.

But I have to accept the fact, the number of times after my last post that I felt like blogging has drastically come down. Except for that handful number of souls who read my blog regularly, most of you might not have observed that a majority of posts here revolve around the daily chores and witty events that happen in my life. So logically / inferentially / derivatively / whateverly it should mean that there haven't been many 'exciting/bloggable' things happening out here.

I am basically a moody blogger. Whatever that might mean; but what I mean to say is that I require a certain 'mood' to blog. A mood which unleashes the blogger side of me (Yet Untitled - one such post, still remains my favourite). There have been moments, intense and worthy enough to materialize themselves into posts. These would have been the posts that most readers love to read and later comment on. While I lost some of such posts by sheer sloppiness, some just did not see the light of the day. While some moments were too personal to be put-up on the web, some were too uninteresting. A couple of them are lying incomplete on my desktop - One of them called "An year in life". It ran too long, both in the time taken to compose it and the amount of content, and is lying lifeless!

Did you ever hear of a Colony Strike? As you must have understood by this time, it's a strike declared by a colony. A couple of days ago, one such strike happened in my neighbourhood colony. A strike intense enough that called for the patrolling teams to monitor the situation. The funniest part of the story is that this was a strike against the Police and the Patrolling squads! Here's a brief report: Venkatapura is surrounded majorly by Police Quarters. To reach Venkatapura, one can take the by-pass lane through Police Quarters and this is the route that brings in a lot of people and consequently a major business to the petty vendors and merchants in Venkatapura. Because the police did not like it or may be because they were majorly pissed off with the general public strolling and travelling so happily through their reserved quarters (the unknown, yet speculated part of the story!), they decided to construct a wall blocking the route - both ways!

Henceforth, as a token of respect to both the wall and Pink Floyd, this wall shall be called The Wall.

Due to the construction of The Wall, all of these petty vendors and merchants got infuriated (the known and widely spoken about part of the story!) and started protesting. All the shops, the roadside businesses and schools in that colony were shut down for two continous days. No deaths or injuries have yet been reported because of this strike but, well, I am not in The Mood to 'create' stats.

Another amazing thing happened in my The Life. I travelled in an auto this morning. Yes, I travelled in an auto this morning. The amazing part of the story is that I was actually offered a free drop. Meaning: The driver would not charge anything for dropping me wherever I want. Only later I realised that there is nothing in this world called a free lunch. The Drop had a catch. The Auto was unhealthily heading towards The Garage. Probably, The Driver's heart poured out with humanity when he saw me desperately searching for autos. The Auto's engine crashed half-way and so were my excited spirits that throve for a free lift. As soon as The Crash happened, I paid the auto-driver whatever the distance and the condition of The Auto deserved (lets keep The Amount aside!). You know, that's when people get to see The Humane Ravi.

Ironically, I saw The Wall while travelling in The Auto. The Auto crashed right in front of The Wall and well, as they say, the rest is history!

On a different note, I wish to congratulate some of my close freinds for having stepped on the American soil to pursue higher goals in life: Kalpana, Siddharth, Bindiya and Sai Krupa are out in the US for their Masters. By the way, The Wish is to congratulate not because they have stepped outside the country but because they wished to pursue higher goals.

Another Congrats! to Veda for having successfully signed a pact with her school staff to maintain peace around.

The Congrats!

So, that's the update from the risky spot. Will meet you all again as soon as I can!

Adios!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! :p could have done a better job though :-w :-w :-w

11:11 PM  
Blogger twist knob said...

=D> .... So u still remember me... rest of comments to follow... felt like checkin ur blog... n viola.. i find an update ;) ... Balls !

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home